Putting a bunch of people in an enclosed space without any means of “time pass” is the perfect plot for having TRPs on your side. Quite obviously then, since they’re all dependent on each other for “entertainment”, some vibrant colours (and greys) are bound to come to the fore through the course of 90 days. And since Bigg Boss 9 is almost here, we bring you the wackiest, craziest, most memorable characters we’ve had the pleasure of enduring over the past eight seasons of the reality show.
1) Rakhi Sawant (Season 1): Jesus ki kasam, she was entertaining! Be it her cleavage-in-your-face outfits or waiting-for-something-to-happen-to-react demeanor throughout the season, Rakhi kept us glued to our idiot box week after week!
2) Rahul Mahajan (Season 2): This one created ripples even before entering the house. Just two weeks before BB2, Rahul divorced this then wife, Sweta. On the show, he went on to be “romatically involved” with two women-Monica Bedi and Payal Rohatgi, whom he “happened to” hug various times during their swim sessions.
3) Kamaal R Khan (Season 3): This whacky person will remain forever whacky. Don’t believe us? Check out his Twitter account. Anyway, the self-proclaimed movie expert and critic was not reserved by any means if he felt negatively about someone or something on the show. And let’s not forget his “caught red handed when on a hunger strike” stint.
4) Dolly Bindra (Season 4): The perfect combination of loud and mean, Bindra stressed her lungs with “not very nice” things to say about people inside the house-particularly Shweta Tiwari, Veena Malik and Ashmit Patel. More recently, Bindra had decided to “take down” Radhe Maa, as she filed a complained against the self-styled god woman with the Mumbai Police.
5) Pooja Misrra (Season 5): Misrra and controversy have a mutually beneficial relationship. Though we can’t forget her fight with Juhi Parmar-who went on to win the season-Misrra has not been able to part with controversy ever since either. Recently, she even filed an FIR against Sonakshi Snha (and her mother) and Isha Koppikar for harassment. Say whaaaaat?
6) Urvashi Dholakia (Season 6): Though Dholakia went on to win the sixth season, we can’t discredit her value addition to BB6, thanks to her tiffs with Rajeev Paul and Imam Siddique. No wonder she’s most famous for playing Kamolika then!
7) VJ Andy (Season 7): Our eyes (and brains) took a while to get used to VJ Andy’s presence in our TV rooms so often, but when we did, Andy did not disappoint. Though his disagreements with Kushal Tandon kept us interested, we loved how he called Gauahar out ever so often!
8) Arya Babbar (Season 8): And last but not the least, perpetually hungry-for-limelight Arya Babbar got a little too knotted in the supposed Minissha Lamba love affair. But let’s face it, he brought oodles of drama to the season, and we must not forget to applaud him (more like slow clap) for it!