- Age : 31
- Birthday : 18th January
- Star Sign : Capricorn
- Hometown : Delhi
- Current City : Mumbai
- Occupation : Actor
- Adjectives that describe you : Happy Go Lucky!
- Most difficult part about staying in the Bigg Boss house : The whole feeling of being caged
- Favourite Bigg Boss past contestant : Urvashi, Niketan, Gauhar, Imaam
- What’s your strategy : I don’t think any strategy is going to work. One just needs to be his/her own natural self
- I am an actor in Hindi films. I have won critical appreciation for films like Yahaan, Shaurya, Well Done Abba, Bheja Fry 2, as well as big ticket movies like Bachna Ae Haseeno, Kidnap and Zila Ghaziabad. I am a voracious reader and enjoy fiction. I like indulging in deep conversations with people on various topics, devouring English western TV shows. I love discovering new things, be it a new song, a new cuisine or simply a new idea to explore.
Minisha Lamba was born in a Sikh family to S. Kewal Lamba and Manju Lamba in New Delhi in 1985. She studied at Chettinad Vidyashram School, Chennai for a year. She majored in English (Hons.) from Miranda House University of Delhi.
Minissha was inspired by the bravery of CNN journos as a teenager. Her Career in films was something other people noticed and suggested from a Young age, including the likes of Dr. Farooq Abdullah, the then Chief Minister of J&K. It was destiny which brought Minissha from Delhi to Mumbai. While Studying for English (Hons.) Degree in Delhi University, she was offered to Model in Prestigious ad campaigns like LG, Sony, Cadbury, Hajmola, Airtel, Sunsilk etc. She was also a Part of the Socially Path-Breaking Femina’s Generation “W” ad. During an ad shoot for Cadbury she was approached by Bollywood director, Shoojit Sircar, who signed her to act in his film Yahaan (2005). She had begun filming for Yahaan while still in Miranda House college, with Due Diligence, Hard-Work and sheer Dedication, She successfully completed both her Graduation and the Filming in the same year!
She has played supporting and leading roles in films such as Corporate, Rocky: The Rebel, Anthony Kaun Hai, Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd., Anamika, Shaurya and Dus Kahaniyaan.
In 2008, She acted in Bachna Ae Haseeno her biggest success so far, which was Produced by Yash Raj Films. Same Year She was noticed for her Bold role in Sanjay Gadhvi’s Kidnap (film). Her next major role was in, The Critically Acclaimed & Noted Director Shyam Benegal’s film Well Done Abba (2009). The Critically Acclaimed Film, “Well Done Abba” was awarded the Prestigious National Film Award for Best Film on Social Issues for the year 2009 and Minissha’s performance as Muskaan Ali was appreciated. Now she is contestant in Bigg Boss 8 session.
She has also appeared in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya’s song Tera Surroor from the album Aap Kaa Surroor which became very popular.