TV reality show Bigg Boss and Salman Khan have become synonymous over the years. His persona is such that it gets difficult to switch the channel before he signs off with his patent dialogue, “Do whatever you want to do man” during the weekend episodes. Be it his impromptu acts, his take on incidents happening inside the house or his sarcastic way of taking down the defaulters of the Bigg Boss house during the ‘Weekend Ka Vaar’ episodes, everything about him has left us in awe of this host since 2010. And, neither the makers who bank upon the superstar of Bollywood for TRPs nor the fans can imagine any other Bollywood actor taking over his place.
However, this hasn’t been the opinion of all. There have been times when the cool and the carefree Salman has been accused of taking sides and batting for his favourites. Over the last seven years, there have been contestants who got into a spat with Salman and questioned his sense of judgement. But who can survive an argument with this Khan of Bollywood?
Still, here is a list of those who dared to fight with the Dabangg Khan and left him fuming:
1. Priyanka Jagga: The drama queen of Bigg Boss 10, Priyanka Jagga entered in the house as a commoner but soon became a sensation with her cheap antics on the show. Despite creating much havoc in the first week itself, the mother of two was voted out only to return as a wild card entry. With her return came the unwanted hate in the house which irked Salman and her ways of surviving in the show pushed him too far. It was only after Priyanka’s distasteful comments on Lopamudra Raut’s character and Manu Punjabi’s deceased mother, that Salman could not take it any longer and asked her to leave the show. Not only this, he even asked the channel Colors that if she will ever come on any show of Colors, he will not host Bigg Boss.
2. Swami Om: The infamous character of Bigg Boss 10 went a step ahead of Priyanka Jagga, his supposed daughter on the show. He was the one who peed in the kitchen and also commented on Bani J’s mother. Crossing all the heights of shamelessness, when he threw his pee on Bani and Rohan Mehra, it was then that the makers decided to show him the door. Salman too, in strong words, condemned his actions. But unlike other contestants, Swami Om didn’t stop even after being thrown out. He threatened to sabotage the finale episode of Bigg Boss 10 and promised to break Salman’s bones. Then, he was quoted as saying, “Since Salman is a traitor, I will take one lakh people with me on January 28 and beat him black and blue on stage. I will not kill him because I want to torture him.”
3. Rimi Sen: Actor Rimi Sen was presumably the highest paid celebrity but she did nothing to bring TRP to the show. Irked with her laid-back attitude, Salman slammed her for taking up the show only for money. She gave many stupid excuses which made Salman request Bigg Boss to throw his Kyon Ki co-star out of the house.
4. Karishma Tanna: One of the finalists of Bigg Boss 8, Karishma Tanna and host Salman Khan didn’t see eye to eye during the show. It so happened that Salman in a healthy spirit teased Karishma with Upen Patel’s name who had become her bae in the show. Though initially, she smiled shyly but on seeing her co-contestants laughing at Salman’s witty comments, in no time she was in tears. She even said, “It’s not funny”. Salman was shocked on seeing her reaction and then walked out of the show. Earlier too, Salman was angry at her for not forgiving Gautam Gulati despite his repeated apologies for abusing her.
5. Kushal Tandon: Beyhadh actor Kushal Tandon irked Salman Khan in the seventh season of the show. His stubborn and arrogant behaviour didn’t go well with Salman. He took Kushal’s case when he hurled abuses at Kajol’s younger sister Tanisha. Kushal made a dramatic exit in the middle of the show and on returning told everyone that Salman apologised to him. This further infuriated Salman whose hatred for Kushal was much evident.
6. Imam Siddique: Imagine someone cutting out Salman Khan while he is talking. Yes, this happened in the sixth season of Bigg Boss when Salman was taking Imam’s class and he said, “Time-out”. Salman who is known for not taking any rubbish, rebuked Imam and warned him to stay within his limits. In Bigg boss season 6, the housemates of the house were petrified of fashion consultant Imam’s antics.
7. Sapna Bhavnani: Celebrity stylist Sapna Bhavnani turned out to be the fiercest contestant of Bigg Boss 6 as she didn’t spare the Dabangg Khan of Bollywood too. She had a series of arguments with Salman. She made it loud and clear that she is not afraid of Salman and will play the game in a way that pleases her. On seeing Sapna inactive on the show, Salman asked her the reason of being on the show. To this, she said, “thanks haa, next time.”
8. Shakti Kapoor: The actor had an ugly war of words with Salman Khan who then hosted the show with Sanjay Dutt. Though the spat between the actors was edited but in an interview, Shakti was heard saying, “Salman Khan owes me an apology! Firstly, he and Sanjay Dutt didn’t greet me, whereas they had accorded this courtesy to all the inmates. And then Salman said, ‘Bigg Boss ko maan na padega! Shakti Kapoor jaise logon ko apne ghar bulaya, hum toh kabhi na bulayen!’ I would like to tell him that even if he invites me to his house, I may not want to go there! He made those scathing remarks without any provocation, so he has to say sorry!”
9. Akashdeep Saigal: On the fifth season of Bigg Boss, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi actor Akashdeep Saigal left Salman Khan fuming as he walked away while Salman was talking to him. The aspiring actor even accused Salman of destroying his career to take revenge for whatever happened on the show.
10. Siddharth Bhardwaj: VJ and actor Siddharth Bharadwaj didn’t get along with Salman Khan after he had a verbal spat with Mahek Chahel. Salman then took a stand for Mehak which made Siddharth and many others call him a biased host who was helping Mahek get into the finals.